Tuesday, October 18, 2011

You Will Never Break The Chain.

I have news. Exciting news. I, personally, am excited.

Let's continue that thought later. First, I want to address my negligence with this blog. Contrary to the way things appear to be, I have not forgotten to post on this blog. In fact, I think of things to post nearly every day. I simply don't have the time. Not until I'm eighteen and finished with this Eagle Scout stuff. (Speaking of which, feel free to donate money to my noble cause!) But seriously, I haven't forgotten you faithful followers, you're simply not my top priority at the moment. Sorry, but life is unfair. Become used to that fact.

Now. FOR THE NEWS. Herman Cain is in the lead!

No, that's not the news. It's true, and I'm beyond excited and happy, but that's not the news. Here we are.

Blogger Veterans: Well, not really. Just anyone who's been on here for a year:
Do you remember The Secret Life of an American Homeschooler? Prepare your minds to be blown. We're back, baby.
Well, not for certain, but probably. I'm talking to the authors and seeing how interested they are. However, the odds of that link being resurrected from the dead are very good.
Former SLAH followers: the old posts have been archived by us, so we'll probably publish them and continue like the blog was never shut down.
New SLAH followers: The Secret Life of an American Homeschooler is essentially the blog version of the notorious "Stereotypical Homeschooler" video on YouTube. In other words, we mock ourselves, and other homeschool students, by fitting perfectly into the stereotype, and posting from that point of view.

Want a sneak peak? Too bad. Keep checking here and I'll post as to whether or not the blog is returning. Despite the outcome of this possibility, I already feel like John Belushi in Blues Brothers. We're getting the band back together. Well, the authors. But, hey, who cares anyway...

You guys totally need to check it out. We used to have about well over fifty readers, and we only had the blog originally for what, a couple months? I can't remember, but it wasn't long. Anyway, the blog was a success for a reason. It was amazing. Sorry for bragging, but I have the right to be arrogant. My internet job is to write about how I'm better than you. or, it was. and may be again.

--End rant.--

--New rant--

This is the part of the post were you get bored, just so you know. It's probably a good idea to just exit now.

Recently, I've had a major issue in my life. I don't mean an issue as in a moral sin or anything, it wasn't an action by anyone, it was just a really really powerful thought in my mind. It was driving me insane, because I wanted to act on it, but didn't think it was worth it, but unfortunately, I couldn't make this idea leave my head. It was like a woodpecker who won't leave until that hole is massive. Long story short, I acted on it, and it was flung back in my face embarrassingly. Moral of the story, don't be stupid, people. When people say 'follow your dreams', that's great and all, but I feel like it's a little bit retarded, unless you're insecure and self conscious. If not, please don't follow your dreams, plan them, and then set plan B. Chances are, you're not going to be found on your YouTube page by Justin Timberlake and Usher and suddenly become the number one artist in the world, so don't plan on it. Sure, never say never is an awesome thought, but just because you hope for your dream to come true, doesn't mean it will. You might die really upset that you never get live out a particular dream, but don't dwell on that. Go do things you know you can do. Be happy you have a job. That's the first step towards a dream, because dreams cost a lot of money.

Do I make sense anymore? No, I know. Sorry about that. My point is only this: Don't allow yourself to be disappointed when your optimistic dreams are shown to be rooted in nothing more than a hope you've manufactured in your late night thinking time. Invest into your thought before you let it become a hope, and analyze it before you let yourself elevate it to a dream. Disappointment is... disappointing.

No comments: